Monday, January 8, 2018

2008

People these days tell their partner that they are their best friend.
One day, I hurt my husband's feelings by telling him he was not my best friend. That may of been irresponsible, but at that moment I couldn't explain to him what he really was to me. Besides being my partner for life, father to our daughter, a great provider. He is more than that to me. He is more than a best friend.

The moment we got together I found my soul. I knew you were the one.

A weight of burden, to fight or flight, fear, trapped, and anger was lifted off my chest when I met you. I felt light as a feather, like I had finally found peace. Drowned in love and security. He gave me the respect that I never experienced before. I've been suffocated for so long, he was the breath of fresh air. He showed me a piece of my heart that was missing. Surely he wasn't expecting to pay to fix any damaged heart; but he gave willingly and without hesitation. I didn't know I was lost because I didn't feel lost.

I found my better self in you.

When you meet someone who changes you for the better, that feeling is like your soul intertwining together. You're calmer. Like nothing can get you down.

I care for you, more than you can imagine.
I love you more than you'll ever know.

Thanks for all the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to comment about?